Wednesday - To The North - Part 2



12:00 - 1:30: Lunch - We drove into the city and started to look for a Kosher restaurant. Unfortunately we didn't take a picture of the spread, but we found a kosher fleishig restaurant and they gave us a ton of food. It was good.
1:30 - 2:00: Rambam's Kever - Our next stop was the kever of the Rambam (The kvarim of the Shl'a, R' Yochanan Ben Zakai were also there). The Rambam wanted to be buried in Tevaria b/c that is where the first Sanhedrin that precedes the 3rd Beis Hamikdash will meet. We had no idea those graves were in Tevaria, and it was a very inspiring to be there.
2:00 - 3:30: The last 2 places we visited (I can't remember the names of the places right now) were pretty interesting. One was the place where some treaty was signed and another was a new cultural center that was donated by a mother in memory of her son. Unfortuantely I don't remember the details of each, but I'll write them in once I do. (see what happens when you wait 3 weeks to update your blog!!??!?)
We had to get back to Yerushalayim since Ardie Geldman was picking us up to eat dinner at his house in Efrat. Since it was a 2 hour drive, we started to head back to the hotel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home